Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dhvani.....

I was so excited yesterday. All perked up. We were invited to a party…!!! It’s been a really long time since Sujan and I went out, leave alone to a party. I was so looking forward to it. I had an appointment with my parlour lady at 11. I gobbled up some little breakfast that I made, packed Sujan off to work, and had be-done with the cleaning maid. And off I was, on my way to Chamiers Road, with the intention to look my best this evening.

I love parties. I loved being amongst a group and cracking odd jokes and stuff. And seeing people around me enjoying my company gave me a high that no grass could give anyone. And I was even more excited about the party because it was kinda the first party with Sujan by my side. His office was throwing him a bash for some biggie customer catch. I wanted to be my best and make him proud of me. I even went ahead and picked up a LBT (you know...the perfect dress we refer to as the Little Black Thing...!!), for the occasion. No way was I going to ruin that night.

I finished at the parlour. Got my French manicure n pedicure. The strawberry facial was just ummmm….I had my hair set just the way Sujan likes. I was happy. I headed home, had some lunch and took a power nap. I was up by 4 pm, and did some odd jobs. Cleaned the mess at home, took Ketchup (my dog) for a walk. I was all done by 6.30. And now I began to get ready. Had a hot shower, smeared a little kohl on my eyes and painted the lashes with the mascara, and dabbed on a little gloss to my lips (I was never a make-up person..!!). Slipped on to my little black dress and put on my stilettos (I have a fetish for footwear..!!) and waited for Sujan to get ready and drive us to the venue.

We reached there half hour late (its fashionable..!!). The party was already in full swing. I was at ease. We made some social calls. Checked on everyone. Everyone was happy and gay. Great music, lovely ambience, good food and vibrant mood. Everything was so larger than life. I was enjoying myself and basking in the glory of Sujan’s accomplishment. The music got louder. And then Sujan introduced me to a guy from his team. Vedant and his wife Dhvani. I complimented them for their beautiful names. Sujan pointed that he owed a lot of his today’s accomplishment to Vedant. I was proud of Sujan’s humbleness and his crediting the team guys. Sujan and Vedant left to fetch everyone some drinks.

I was left with Dhvani. We smiled at each other. There was something so mystique bout her. Beautiful serene calm eyes. But the thing bout her that took my breath away was her pair of earrings. Such a beautiful pair..!! It was the most astounding and exotic piece I had ever seen. Diamonds. But so well crafted, I had never seen. They were these huge chandelier earrings set on white gold or probably platinum. It dropped so well. And I must say she carried it off real well. I could hear a couple of ladies talking bout the same earrings at the background. Everyone was wearing their best, but somehow Dhvani’s earrings were the talk of the evening. They were just like her eyes. Mystique, serene and yet very playful and full of life. I complimented her for the pair. She couldn’t hear, the music was loud. She acknowledged with a smile. The guys joined us with drinks. Everyone moved to the dinner area. My mind was still full of the earrings and its cut and design. I had to get one done something like that.

The party came to an end. Everyone bade farewell. We had a good time. I had a big smile after the outing. We were driving back home. My mind was only brimming with Dhvani’s earrings..!! I animatedly told my husband how much I was in awe of her earrings. And then he said it, matter-of-factly, Dhvani was born deaf….......

1 comment:

ramblings said...

ouch! that hurt..
great flow...all your posts..!
enjoyed the jodi dress..sort of cute it was the deal..whatever the guys might say! :)